Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Beautiful Struggle

So I have been experiencing tremendous writer's block. Too bad it isn’t thinker’s block. Oh no, tons of thoughts still dance around in my head all day, just can’t seem to transition them into anything worthwhile on this screen. Thoughts and worry and anxiety of the unknown suffocate me and cloud my vision. I feel like I can’t breathe. Can’t sleep. Trying to understand whatever lesson I am supposed to be getting right now at this moment. How do we ever know if it’s really right……

Like a bad game of double-dutch I keep waiting and waiting to find the perfect time to jump in smoothly and not get tangled up in the ropes. What if there is no perfect time? What if you are going to trip and fall regardless?

One time I went wild water rafting in Costa Rica, and as we set off with our guide, he commenced to pull my friend by her life jacket and literally throw her off our canoe and into the water. She fluttered around in frenzy and then relaxed and he graciously helped her back onto the boat, unscathed. Mortified, we all yelled at him “What did you do that for!” he said so simply… well now her worst fear is over, she can continue without being afraid. What a smart lil Costa Rican gypsy he was! Now if only I could apply that same theory into my everyday life.

Maybe it is time to jump and fall and get it over with already

Life is indeed a beautiful struggle.

1 comment:

kim garrison said...

yes. i like to jump and fall. all the time. moving. leaping. falling in love or just simply tripping and falling over a bicycle in the street [it happens you know...]. :)